If you use our mobile application, either to book an appointment or to pay, we may also collect your mobile device ID, your precise location data, and the Maby search locations you select. For certain services on our products, credit or debit card account information may be required, as further described in the section called “Payment Card Information” below. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a “Third-Party Platform”), through which you connect with our products and combine that with information we collect on our products.
When you visit our products, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our products, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our products. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our products using certain technologies, such as:
2. Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our products or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
3. Do Not Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-nottrack” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our products.
4. How you found our products: including but not limited to whether you discovered us through a search engine, a partner website, an ad campaign, or email campaign;
5. Location information: if you have activated one of our Apps and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, we will collect this automatically. This may include country, province, city, or neighbourhood information.
6. Technical information: your IP address, device type, language and region settings, and other
I – Information We Collect.
II – How We Use Information We Collect.
- Make and change your appointments made through our products;
- Offer you, or provide you with, products and services, such as Maby Gift Cards and Merchant Gift Cards and the option to pay your bill at a Maby through our products;
- Email Maby Gift Cards and Merchant Gift Cards to designated recipients;
- Operate and improve our products, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our products, products, and services, such as understanding your appointment history to make recommendations about other Maby you may like;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Display relevant advertising/ sponsor;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Maby, our subsidiaries, and affiliates; select Maby; and our other selected partners;
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Authenticate your credit or debit card account information;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity. By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages from us relating to our product and services at that number. Maby may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We use personal information collected through our products for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our products or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
III – How We Share Information.
- Information Shared with Maby. When you make an appointment through our products, your information is provided to us and to the Maby with whom you choose to make the appointment. In order to facilitate your appointment, your information is provided to that Maby, just as it would if you made an appointment by calling the Maby, emailing the Maby, or using the Maby website. If you provide a mobile phone number, Maby may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Some Maby also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your appointment. When you make an appointment through our products we may also share with the Maby additional information, such as information about your history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your appointment that Maby will pass on to that Maby. We may share with Maby summary reports of feedback from clients. If you provide comments about a Maby through our products, these comments may be shared with that Maby. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a Maby may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address. Information you choose to share with a Maby when you make an appointment and/or pay a Maby through our products may be used by the Maby for its own purposes. Maby does not control the privacy practices of Maby. Please contact the Maby directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
- Information Shared with Gift Card Merchants. If you purchase a Merchant Gift Card or redeem an Maby Gift Card for a Merchant Gift Card) through our products, we notify the applicable issuer of the Merchant Gift Card and provide it with certain related information about your purchase or redemption, including your name, email address, and the amount of the Merchant Gift Card.
- Payment Card Information. To use certain services on our products, such as to make appointments with certain Maby; to make payments to Maby; and to purchase Maby Gift Cards, Merchant Gift Cards, or other products or services, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our products, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers, and you further agree to the following terms. Maby collects and processes all payments on behalf of Maby through recognized professional payment gateway providers. When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our products, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers. If you purchase Maby Gift Cards or Merchant Gift Cards from us, we collect the credit or debit card account information from you. We share this information with our third-party payment service providers in order to process your payments. These third parties may also store your credit or debit card information, other than your CVV number, for your future use on our products. Your CVV number will not be stored and must be re-entered for each order. For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see Section called “Security of Your Personal Information” below.
- Information You Share Socially. Our products may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends on Third-Party Platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. Our products may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which Maby has a presence. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Maby also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those products and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
- Sharing with Others. We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share personal information when you authorize us to share your information with other third parties (such as the Maby at which you make appointments through our products) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
- We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us. We may share your credit or debit card account information with third parties as described in the section called “Payment Card Information” above.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our products.
IV – Security of Your Personal Information.
Maby takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our products or through our products, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). To be clear, Maby does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Maby or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Maby account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
V – Your Information Choices and Changes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Maby by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Maby account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
- Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our products.
- Application location choices Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our products.
VI – Contacting Maby.
For questions about accessing, changing, or deleting your personal information, please visit our website or contact customer support at +1 484 949 4593 For questions or opinions on this Policy, please contact Maby via email at [email protected] or by postal mail at “……address……”
VII – Notice to California Residents.
Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, subject to certain exceptions. In general, again, subject to certain exceptions, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom it disclosed personal information in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. One of the exceptions allows Maby to provide California Customers a cost-free means to opt out of these disclosures instead of providing such list. Any customer may request to opt out of these disclosures by contacting Maby as described above. California Customers may also request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at our address above.
VIII – Changes to This Policy.
Maby may update or revise this Policy from time to time. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our products. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our products.